Friday, June 15, 2012

WGS 201 Class Evaluation

            When I first started this class I was not sure what to expect. Now that it is nearing the end of it I am glad I was able to take it. I will admit some of the topics where hard to discuss because it so diverse. However, it wouldn’t have been interesting if everyone agreed on everything.
            I really liked this class because after the assigned readings I would discuss it with my mother. The discussions sparked some very interesting things. One in particular was about Mary Wollstonecraft. When I told my mother that I probably would not have been as brave to stand up like Mary did. My mother had trouble with this and we debated it for days. I argued that I would have been a completely different woman that was taught that a woman is only what her husband wanted her to be.
            Another thing I liked about this class was the structure. I liked posting blogs based on what we read. I thought it was a very cleaver was to give assignments. I also liked how the reading was split up. Cramming a semester into six weeks I expected to be buried in the material. However, the class was set at a nice pace that was easy to keep up with.
            I will admit that some of the readings where boring. There is just so many times a person can be told that they are being oppressed before it gets tedious. I get the point that there are women issues that need to be resolved; however, I don’t need to be told a hundred times to know what the issues are. Overall I really liked this class and would recommend a friend to take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment